Doing a comprehensive reform in your home is not easy. You must know a lot of things before you start with it. But it probably steals more time than you thought. Therefore, once you have everything planned, the time comes when professionals come to your house and get down to work. How do you have to prepare the house for the weeks that are inside? We will tell you. Not without first reminding you that if you have a comprehensive reform in mind , do the approximate calculation from our calculator.
Here are some of the things that you should take into account a few days before the workers enter your house to begin the reform.
- Rubble container . There are professionals who already have agreements with container companies, but if in this case you take care of hiring it, you must request it in advance so that you can have it on the correct date at the door of your house. Remember that you must also ask the town hall for permission because for a few days it will occupy part of the street.
- Permits and notices to the community. Beyond the licenses that you have to request from the council, remember that you must also notify the community of neighbors (in the case of a flat). Above all, ask permission if you are going to make modifications to the facade.
- Also related to the building, it also prepares the common spaces to avoid dirtying them. Remember to line the elevator walls with some material to avoid staining it. And the same with those spaces that workers walk with materials and tools that can make them dirty (the wheelbarrows make the floor dirty and damage enough).
- Noises Both a comprehensive reform and a simple reform will involve noise. That is why you should notify the neighbors in advance so that they are not caught by surprise. A very important point is that the established schedules for jobs of these characteristics are respected . You may be in a hurry to make a reform but work times have to be adjusted to the established without causing problems for the neighbors. If it wasn’t done right, they could report you.
- Cover furniture and doors. If the works that you are going to carry out allow you to leave the furniture at home, we recommend that you cover it with cloth or plastic to prevent it from getting dirty or may receive an involuntary blow that causes damage. The best thing is that you place them in the center of the room so that the professionals can move well around the four walls of the room. With the doors, frames and windows you can use tape that protects them especially from paint or liquids that can damage the varnish and the color of the same.
- Valuable items. Although you cannot take the furniture with you, there are objects that you can move to another place: paintings, appliances, books … Although nothing has to happen, professionals will work more freely if you remove them. Where to leave them? A good option, if you have one nearby, are the storage rooms . Renting one for a few weeks (or even days) does not have a too high cost and will guarantee the care of your belongings, at the same time that the workers will not have to be aware of them.
- Plug ducts. If you have heating and air conditioning through ducts, cover them before beginning any renovation. You will prevent dust from entering them during work.
- Prepare the materials. In the event that you have been in charge of buying certain materials that will be used in the renovation, you should speak with the professionals of the estimated dates so that you have them prepared. If, for example, you have bought tiles and tiles, ask them to inform you about the approximate date on which they will begin with these works to notify the dealer and that he will take it to you on time.
Anticipating and being prepared will speed up the reform but above all you will help the professionals to do their job as well as possible. Are you going to do a home renovation soon? Do not hesitate, ask professionals in your area for a quote without any commitment.…